Bartlett and austin fees
Eye Examination: £40
NHS Eye Examination: Free (see below for eligibility)
Ocular Coherence Tomography: £35
Contact Lens Aftercare: £45
New Contact Lens Fitting: £60
Visual Fields Examination: £25
If you fall into any of these categories, eye examinations are provided free of charge under the NHS:
- Under 16 or under 19 in full time education
- Aged 60 or over
- You or your partner receive:
- Income Support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Income based Employment and Support allowance
- You or your partner has an HC2 certificate or limited help with an HC3 certificate
- Pension Credit Guarantee credit
- Universal credit
- You are registered blind or partially sighted
- You suffer from diabetes or glaucoma
- You are over 40 and the parent/brother/sister/child of a person with glaucoma
- You have been prescribed complex lenses under the NHS voucher scheme
You are entitled to a voucher towards the cost of your spectacles or contact lenses if:
- You are under 16 or under 19 in full time education
- You are entitled to a free examination on income grounds
- You have been prescribed complex lenses
The total cost to you of the provision and dispensing of your spectacles or contact lenses by Bartlett and Austin Optometrists is a combination of:
- A contract and charge for professional fees and services;
- A contract and charge for goods;
- The total spectacle cost is made up as follows;
- Cost of goods at 30% of the total cost including VAT
- Professional fees at 70% of the total cost
- The total contact lens cost is made up as follows;
- Cost of goods at 45% of the total cost including VAT
- Professional fees at 55% of the total cost
- VAT is payable on the goods at the current rate of 20%. The professional fees are exempt from VAT.
A fully itemised breakdown will be provided and is shown in full on your quotation/confirmation of your order and receipt.
Payment in full at the point of order or on collection.
Collection must be made within thirty days of order complete notification.
Whilst in the interest of transparency we show prices and product costs separately we are providers of clinical and professional services and have a duty of care unlike normal retailers. Thus we are unable to supply frames or lenses without the attendant professional charges.